Fly Terminator® Pro trap is an insecticide-free fly trap ideal for use around livestock operations. The reusable, durable plastic gallon jug traps up to 35,000 flies. The NO-RUST plastic top won't rust when exposed to the elements and its sturdy handle makes Fly Terminator® Pro trap easy to hang. ORMD product, must ship UPS Ground.
Insecticide-free trap ideal for use around horse and livestock operations
For best fly-catching results, hang mid-level along fence lines, sheds and more. Outdoor use only.
Place trap outside on ground in a sunlit area of high fly concentration when flies are active and wherever odors will not be a problem. Do not place trap within reach of livestock. If high winds or animals are a problem, trap may be hung by the hole in the handle (a piece of baling wire works well for this). However, for maximum effectiveness, trap should be within four feet of the ground. In hot weather (above 85°F), trap works better in shade. In cooler weather, place trap in a sunny location.
1. Trap contents should be agitated at least twice weekly to thoroughly wet all trapped flies.
2. Add water as necessary to keep the fluid level near the fill level or within ½ inch below the surface of trapped flies. Do not allow trap to dry out.
3. Without adequate agitation, fly larvae (maggots) may appear as a layer of dry flies accumulates in the trap. If this occurs, add 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap and enough water to completely cover all flies (about 1/2 to 2/3 full), agitate, let stand for 24 hours and lower fluid level back to the fill level.
4. When jug is about 2/3 full of dead flies, empty and clean trap and re-bait with fresh Attractant.
1. In areas of very low fly density, Fly Terminator and Magnum Fly Trap Attractant may dissipate before a sufficient number of flies are caught. To continue attraction when fewer than 50 or so flies are caught within 5 days of baiting, additional Attractant should be added to prolong effectiveness.
2. Occasionally spiders may set up housekeeping in the top assembly, greatly reducing the trap’s efficiency. If this occurs, remove top assembly and pull out spiders and webbing with a stick.
3. Use several traps in different locations. A good trapping program should supplement proper manure management.
4. If a light breeze is normal in the spot where the trap is to be placed, the trap will catch more flies if it is set 2 to 3 feet off the ground. Hanging the trap overhead may greatly reduce catch.
5. If maggots become a problem and dish soap is not effective in controlling them, pour 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in trap, agitate and let stand overnight, then empty and re-bait trap.
6. Dead flies make an excellent natural fertilizer. Bury trap contents at least 6 inches deep.
7. Never seal dead flies in a closed container. Doing so may result in a hazardous explosion.
8. In areas having exceptionally hard water, using distilled or purified water may improve trap performance.
Attractant is flammable. Do not store or use undiluted attractant near heat or flame. Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Avoid contact with skin or eyes. In case of eye contact, flush with water for 15 minutes. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. Do not take internally. In case of accidental ingestion, get immediate medical attention. Induce vomiting only under medical supervision.
Terminator and Magnum fly trap are not recommended for indoor use, or for use against biting flies.
Fly Terminator® Pro trap is an...